Go farther. That’s the story of Dr. Sheng Y. Peng. He is credited as an inventor on over 20 patents and patents pending. Dr. Peng is a pioneer and among the elite in the fields of advanced antenna and phased array technologies. His magnum opus, antenna technology that offers multiple port, best-in-class performance with beam forming capabilities in smaller and flexible form factors, is what WavCatcher is founded upon.
Decades ago, Dr. Peng emigrated to the USA and earned here both his Master’s degree and his Ph.D. in Aeronomy. During these early years, he developed a reputation for solving problems associated with communications systems in the Defense and Aerospace sectors. Many of his solutions are still used to this day in service of our country.
Dr. Peng believes that wireless connectivity helps make a safer world by eliminating traditional barriers to communication. All his life, he has gone farther in the pursuit of realizing this vision. WavCatcher is the culmination of his entire body of work which makes it the perfect mobile platform to help us stay connected.
Sheng Y. Peng, Ph.D.
Aerospace & Defense
* Developed a Broadband Wing Conformal Printed-Circuit Phased Array for airborne radar applications
* Developed a Printed-Circuit Crossed-Slot Phased Array Antenna for MSAT-X mobile satellite communications
* Developed and presented the Printed-Circuit Dipole Phased Array Antenna for AN/TPQ-37 and 548 land-based radar applications
* Developed a 1:16 element High Power Beam Forming Network, using Air Strip line Circuit, for the Patriot Missile Phased Array Antenna Radar System
* Developed a 35 GHz Printed-Circuit Patch Phased Array Antenna System for missile applications
* Developed a Multi-Band Corrugated Horn with a Dielectric Rod Antenna for frequencies of 10 GHz, 22 GHz, and 56 GHz for the radiometer application
* Developed a Broadband Dielectric Lens Loaded Sectorial Horn Phased Array Antenna for SLQ-32 Shipboard Radar System